Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Trade Tables

Week two of graduate school, and I already foresee my free time dwindling from what I had this summer.  However, I've still been working on my world - I finished calculating the distances between all 69 cities as well as calculating the references governed by each city.  With that step finished, I am now adapting Alexis' trade tables for my own purposes.  Because I am one of his Patreon backers, I have access to his most recent full table, which I am unabashedly plundering.

The process, which I have but barely begun, makes me aware of the massive size of the trade tables as well as the work that has gone into them.  I will be pleased to get my much reduced version off of the ground for my players to enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Keep it up, Dani! If you want some help adapting the tables, just ask: maxwelljoslyn@gmail.com.

    I'm feeling the time crunch from school too, but as I have recently begun running again I am pretty invigorated as well. It's just a matter of reflecting on how I use my time, and making sure it's getting used for what matters -- like figuring out which of the loose ends raised by the players' actions last session are going to get mixed into next session's starting point ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. Thank you! When I run into problems that prove seemingly-insurmountable, I'll shoot you an e-mail. I am working on getting a group of players here - the Rochester gaming schedule seems to start rather slowly, which is unfortunate.

    ReplyDelete