Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Monster Descriptions

There are a lot of things I want to improve on as a Facilitator. Most I will improve by doing them over and over again. I've only been running games for about 5 years, so I have a lot of improving to do. One of the things on my to-improve list is describing things. I have aphantasia, which complicates my ability to describe how things appear. This gets compounded because I know the names of all the things my players encounter, and so the temptation to refer to things solely by their name is strong. 

Fortunately, practice makes permanent. My bestiary stands at around 150 creatures, and I aim to write a short description of one monster a day until I run out of monsters. Since my players read this, I'll leave the names off, and it might be fun if readers left a suggestion or a guess.


Black ink drools from the top of the frog's head into the marsh. The toddler-sized frog hides in the reeds at the marsh's edge, waiting for its toxin to wend through the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment