Wednesday, April 6, 2016

List of Magical Herbs

This will probably be the first post that will be useful to someone not playing in my world.  I've been fascinated by the magic powers attributed to herbs just about forever, and since I now have a number of players in my world who are playing nature-affiliated characters, it was time to apply all of my research into something gameable.

This is a list of 100 (that happened by accident) herbs listed alphabetically along with their associated magical effects.  I don't have mechanics for each of the effects, but most of them are fairly self-evident.

Now, whenever my players forage for herbs, I'll have them roll to see what they discover.  The herbalism skill will then grant them access to both more effects for each herb as well as having each effect be more potent.

EDIT: I've removed the original (essentially unreadable) table in favor of this picture instead, which should be much more legible.


No comments:

Post a Comment